Today I’d like to share concepts regarding how to use unique offers to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing activities. Including prospects and customers in your future marketing communications will help keep your business at “top of mind” for their next purchase decisions. The right approach to your marketing and the right offers will turn those prospects into engaged customers.
There are number of unique offers you can use to help a prospect make progress through the “buyer’s journey” into becoming a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for them to try your product and/or service.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
- Offer “idea guides” demonstrating your product and/or services in use.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to a mountain of resources and tools. I’d be happy to give you a personal “tour” of our E-Learning Marketing System for you to try out!